As part of our build up to Tuesday night’s friendly against Sunderland, Steve Rees has put together a quiz on our opponents and also on some general knowledge. Answers tomorrow
SOME TRIVIA QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR VISITORS THIS EVENING!
- In which two years have Sunderland won the FA Cup?
- Which club did they defeat on the first occasion?
- What was the club officially called on their formation in 1879?
- On how many occasions has the club won the Football League Championship – six, seven or eight times?
- In the 1985 League Cup Final defeat against Norwich City, which three Sunderland players went on to sign for Quakers as players during future years?
- Which member of the same team became our manager?
- Who is the youngest player ever to have played a first-team match for Sunderland?
- Which player of the 1960s and 1970s holds the record for most League appearances for the club?
- In which European competition did the Mackems feature and which Portuguese club knocked them out?
- Which Englishman has scored the most League goals for the club?
- Name the TV documentary which traced the progress of Sunderland through the 1996/97 season?
- Sunderland gained promotion to the Premier League in 1990 via the play-off final even though they were defeated at Wembley. How was this and which club were their opponents?
- Which type of pasta means little worms when translated literally?
- In which English city would you find a railway station named Forster Square?
- Which racecourse stages the Irish Grand National each year?
- What is unique about La Paz, the capital city of Peru?
- 1960s model Patti Boyd was the first wife of which two English rock stars (though not at the same time)?
- Which town in Ireland is renowned for its quality crystal and glassware?
- Which is the only UK city whose name begins with the letter ‘K’?
- Which fictional BBC police drama of the 80s was set in the Lancashire town of Hartley?
- Which word represents the letter ‘S’ in the phonetic alphabet?
- Where is Teresa May’s parliamentary constituency?
- Which character in Dad’s Army was mentioned in most episodes, and yet never appeared on screen?
- Apart from many other things, St Nicholas is the patron saint of thieves and vagabonds. Which common phrase used by policemen derives from his name?