More trials soon for the new DFC Academy
We’ve had plenty of interest in our new Academy at Darlington Football Club, and so we would like to invite everyone who is interested in studying for a BTEC qualification starting in September to a trial evening at Blackwell Meadows on Tuesday 29th May, beginning at 5.30pm.
Registration will be followed by a trial game on the main pitch, and information on the BTEC course will be handed out to parents and prospective students.
If you intend coming along to the trials or are interested in what we’ve got to offer, then please complete the application form here.
https://academy.darlingtonfc.co.uk/ . If you attended our previous trials day, please register again.
Here’s Darlington manager Tommy Wright talking about the Academy
Players should provide their own training kit, shin pads, boots and water bottles.
We’ve already had one trials day, which was a great success, with more than 20 people attending and playing in a game on the main pitch under the watchful eye of first team manager Tommy Wright and assistant manager Alan White.
There are some great incentives available on this course! The following are the main features of our BTEC qualifications, which will be delivered on the course:
- Free Puma kit package
- Coached and mentored by former Professional Footballers and UEFA qualified Coaches.
- Individual Positional-based specialised coaching by Former Professional Footballers.
- Fitness Coach among the Academy staff who will devise fitness plans and give dietary advice, as well as access to the Gym facilities at Xercise4Less.
- Monthly assessments and goal-setting.
- Football and Education both delivered from Blackwell Meadows which boasts six grass pitches and excellent facilities.
- Laws of the game training from a former Premier League referee.
- Media Training.
- Match Analysis Training.
- Taster sessions in Coaching.
- Represent the football club in the U19 National League Alliance and also in the prestigious FA Youth Cup.
- Daily opportunities to impress the First Team Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Opportunities to train with the First Team Squad.
- Direct exit route into the First Team.
- Regular friendlies against Premier League, Championship and Football League Clubs.
- Visits to St George’s Park, St James’ Park, The Riverside and Stadium of Light.