shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : £0.00
View Cart Check Out

Kidderminster Harriers v Darlington

Kidderminster Harriers 2 - 1 Darlington
17 Dec 2016 - 15:00

Quakers’ hard work came to nothing as they were beaten by a late goal at Aggborough.

Quakers took an early lead, but that was cancelled out within a minute. However, it looked as if they had done enough to stifle Kiddie until the home side scored from a free kick ten minutes from time.

Quakers staged a late rally and created three chances, but unfortunately couldn’t convert them.


Quakers nearly took the lead in the 4th minute, when a cross by Liam Marrs was flicked on by Mark Beck for Galbraith, coming in behind, to have a shot cleared off the line.

Quakers took the lead on 7 minutes when Beck played the ball up the left for Josh Gillies to run at the Kidderminster defence, and he pulled the ball back for David Syers to force home his fourth goal of the season.

But Kidderminster levelled within a minute, when James McQuilkin found space to run at the Darlo defence, and even though his left foot shot struck the post, Tyrrell Waite was on hand to score from the loose ball.

The game became niggly after that and confined to midfieled, and there was a scare for Quakers on 34 minutes when Peter Jameson, under a lot of pressure, dropped a left wing corner, and Jordan Tunnicliffe headed wide.

There was no doubt about Jameson’s handling a minute later when he held Arthur Gnahoua’s shot.

On 37 minutes Quakers had a great chance to take the lead when Beck flicked on Jameson’s clearance for Syers to ghost in behind, but unfortunately he lifted the ball over the keeper and the bar.

In the second half, Quakers did a good job of stifling the home side, and closing opponents down and denying them space.

Josh Gillies had two free kicks blocked, while Kevin Burgess put a header over the bar.

But Quakers went behind on 77 minutes. There was a break in play for a substitution, and when play restarted, Ryan McQuilkin curled a free kick over to the far post where Keith Lowe headed in.

Two minutes later, it nearly got worse for Quakers when Gary Brown was adjudged to have barged Mani Dieseruvwe over in the area, but keeper Peter Jameson guessed correctly by going down to his left and saving Elton Ngwatala’s penalty.

Quakers piled forward in the remaining time. Beck headed wide from ten yards, and a shot by Leon Scott went through a crowd of players, took a deflection, and ended up in Sam Hornby’s hands.

Darlington: Jameson, Marrs, Galbraith, Turnbull, Burgess, Brown, Syers (sub Hardy 62), Scott, Beck, Thompson, Gillies

Subs: Cartman, Bell, Hunter, Falkingham

Booking: Syers

Kidderminster: Hornby, Williams, Francis-Angol, Croasdale, Lowe, Tunnicliffe, Waite (sub Austin 76), McQuilkin, Brown (sub Dieseruvwe 70), Ngwatala (sub Carter 82), Gnahoua

Subs: Truslove, Knights

Bookings: Lowe, Brown, Ngwatala

Attendance 1710

Referee: R Massey-Ellis