shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : £0.00
View Cart Check Out

Darlington v Tamworth

Darlington 0 - 1 Tamworth
18 Nov 2017 - 15:00

Quakers were left wondering how they hadn’t managed to pick up a point against Tamworth.

They created several good opportunities, but were beaten by a breakaway goal in the second half.

Quakers had an early free kick from the left for a foul on Mills, but Gillies free kick was cleared at the near post.

Syers nodded down a right wing cross for Caton to fire towards goal, but his effort was deflected over the bar.

A good run by Thompson down the left took him into the box and won him a corner.

Quakers had a good chance on 9 minutes when Gary Brown’s throw from the right was helped on for Gillies to fire just over the top.

Another good run by Thompson saw him set up Caton, whose right foot drive was blocked.

Thompson was involved again on 21 minutes with a 25 yard right foot shot that went just wide.

Luke Trotman popped up on the right and put a great cross in from the right that David Syers headed just over.

Tamworth nearly took the lead on 35 minutes when Darryl knights found space on the edge of the box and curled a right foot shot just past the post.

But Quakers had more possession, and form a corner on 43 minutes takeb y Mills from the right, Syers headed into the hands of keeper Rowley.

Not a bad first half, but new siging Reece Styche must be wishing he’s on the pitch!

Half time 0-0

Quakers had a chance on 52 minutes when Syers picked the ball up in midfield, powered forward and set up Mills, whose low shot was saved at the foot of the post by Rowley.

Then a minute later, Thompson picked the ball up on the left, moved inside and from a central position struck a low shot that Rowley pushed around the post.

Mills had a penalty shout on 68 minutes when he driblled past two defenders and went dwon in the box, but ref waved play on.

Tamworth went in front on 72 minutes. Quakers had a corner that was cleared to Mills, whose attempted ball back into the box was charged down by Deeney, who switched the ball inside to knights, who ran on and beat Wilczynski with a low left foot shot that went in the bottom corner.

And there was another scare for Quakers when Box Fox curled a left foot shot just wide.

However, Quakers nearly levelled with a great 25 yard free kick by Wheatley that he fired over the wall but against the crossbar with the keeper beaten.

And then from a left wing corner, Saunders had a header cleared off the line as Tamworth rocked.

Quakers kept the pressure going, and in stoppage time Caton then put Syers through, but he scooped his shot over the top.

Attendance 1,267

Wilczynski, Trotman, Galbraith, Wheatley, Collins, Brown, Mills, Syers, Caton, Gillies (sub Saunders 78), Thompson

Subs: Scott, Bancroft, Portas, Heaton

Booking: Syers, Thompson


Tamworth:Rowley, Burns, Morley, Deeney, Jones, Lane, Upton, Fox, Reid (sub Taylor 69), Verma, Knights (sub Powell 81)

Subs:  Coulson, Shaw, Hayden

Booking: Upton, Burns