shopping-bag 0
Items : 0
Subtotal : £0.00
View Cart Check Out

Darlington v Gloucester City

Darlington 2 - 0 Gloucester City
14 Jan 2017 - 15:00

Quakers, lining up in a 4-3-3 formation  had an early attack which forced a corner, and Josh Gillies’ corner from the left went across the face of goal without anyone able to get a touch.

Quakers had their first shot at goal on 9 minutes when Gary Brown found David Syers with a good crossfield ball, and Syers tried a first time shot that went over the bar from the corner of the box.

Quakers had a good chance on 16 minutes when Brown found Galbraith down the left, and the full back pulled the ball back for Walker, who was crowded out.

Quakers nearly scored on 22 minutes. The Gloucester defence couldn’t clear Galbraith’s inswinging free kick, and when the ball came out to Walker, his right foot shot was blocked on the line, and so was Gillies’ follow up.

Another half chance came Quakers’ way on 33 minutes, Beck laid the ball off for onrushing Galbraith whose shot was blocked, and when Gillies curled the ball back into the box from the left, Beck and Syers were inches away from connecting.

Gloucester had their first chance from their first corner on 41 minutes, but Sam Avery couldn’t make a clean contact six yards out, and Peter Jameson saved comfortably.

But Quakers missed another chance just on half time, when Galbraith curled a free kick over from the right, and Kevin Burgess headed over from six yards

Half time Darlington 0 Gloucester City 0

Quakers were awarded a free kick at the start of the second half just a yard outside the box for a push on Beck, but the defensive wall blocked Gillies’ free kick.

Half chance for Quakers on 65 minutes when Galbraith turned the ball back from the bye line towards sub Stephen Thompson, but a defender just managed to get his toe to the ball.

Cartman got away on 67 minutes in the inside left position, but shot was deflected past the post.

Another chance came Quakers’ way on 72 minutes when Gillies curled a free kick into the box from the left and Beck headed into the keeper’s hands.

Quakers took the lead on 82 minutes when the ball came into the box from the right, Galbraith had a shot blocked by the keeper, but Cartman was on hand to force the ball home.

But Quakers made the game safe in the first minute of stoppage time when Quakers caught Gloucester on the break, Cartman sent Turnbull racing clear and he beat Singh with a terrific left foot shot for his first goal for the club

Attendance 1843

Team: Jameson, Hunter, Galbraith, Turnbull, Burgess, Brown, Syers, Scott, Beck, Walker, Gillies

Subs: Thompson, Wilczynski, Cartman, Falkingham, Saunders


Gloucester City:

Singh, Hamilton, Hall, Deaman, Avery, Knowles, Hanks, Webb, Finnie, Parker, Williams

Subs: Richards, Thomas, Dinsley, Hopper, Kotwica

Booking: Deaman

Referee: Will Finnie